[TYPO3-dev] Extensions, static data & languages

Arjen Hoekema - Decorboo arjen at decorboo.nl
Wed Feb 1 13:38:08 CET 2006

Hi list,

I'm currently developing an extension for displaying cars (new & used). I
want to include a lot of static data objects: a list of  makes and their
models, types of fuel, predefined 'transmissions, bodies,
options/accessories' etc.

What is the best way to include this static data and their translations?
Currently I've included the Dutch static data in
'ext_tables_static+adt.sql', should I make individual
'ext_tables_static+adt.sql' files for all possible languages? Or write a
separate plugin for each language?

It would be nice if anyone could help me out!

Kind regards,

Arjen Hoekema