[TYPO3-dev] rtehtmlarea problems after update

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Dec 20 22:03:53 CET 2006

Hi Steffen,

> i did the update of rtehtmlarea (typo3/sysext) - now i can't insert a
> link, the error says:
>
> Error in init.php: Path to TYPO3 main dir could not be resolved correctly.
>
> any quick advice for this problem ?

I assume you have downloaded a version into typo3conf/ext/ and tried to copy
this manually into typo3/sysext/! However, this won't work well because
then the $BACK_PATH is not correctly set in conf.php of the modules.

Solutions:

a) Fix conf.php of the modules which don't work

b) Copy the extension to typo3conf/ext/ and remove typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/
   instead (remember that you must remove it in this case!)

c) Enable $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['allowSystemInstall'] and make the update
   directly via the extension manager.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out