[TYPO3-dev] PHP 5.2.0 does not work with TYPO3

Luc Van Eycken Luc.VanEycken at esat.kuleuven.be
Wed Dec 20 16:08:26 CET 2006

I think that most of the problems of PHP 5.2.0 which are described in this
list can be solved by a small patch to the core (see the bug report 4678:
<http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4678>).

The reason why array2xml sometimes works and sometimes not is because it
depends on the data you give it. If strcspn is called inside array2xml with
a empty first argument, this function consistently crashes on me.

After applying the one-line patch I have been a happy Typo3/PHP5.2 user for
a few weeks now, without any problems.

Best regards,

Luc Van Eycken