[TYPO3-dev] [ANN] Pre-announcement for important security update

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Wed Dec 20 15:06:16 CET 2006

Hi Ries,

R. van Twisk schrieb:
> Hey Ingmar and Peter,
>
> first of all thank for taking care of security issues in typo3!!
>
> However I must admit that doing that 3 days before x-mass
> was not such a wise decision.
[...]
> I truly hope it will be considered the next time before releasing it...

believe it or not, we have talked about this *very, very much* in
detail! We didn't want to wait for beginning of january as the time
between christmas and new year was no option at all for us.

But yes, we wanted this to happen on Monday but just didn't make it. I
am sry for that.

patching/resolving the issue is really easy and can be done without any
harm once you understood it needs only an update to sysext/ext:rtehtmlarea.

In really worst case scenario your rte might be broken for a couple of
days, so nothing really to worry about.

Greets,
Peter
--