[TYPO3-dev] enableDomainLookup in RealURL

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Dec 18 17:28:34 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Jeff Segars wrote:
>> I was recently debugging a multidomain RealURL setup, when I came
>> across the enableDomainLookup option in RealURL's manual [1].  This
>> feature would use domain records rather than rootpage_id in multdomain
>> setups.
>>
>> After a little digging in the code and on the bugtracker [2], I found
>> out that the feature isn't implemented and shouldn't be included in
>> the manual.
>>
>> My question is whether enableDomainLookup will be implemented in
>> future versions or has been removed for some reason.  It sounds like a
>> really helpful feature, so I'm hoping to see it in the future :)
>
> Firsts, it is removed from the manual in SVN version. Secondly, realurl
> does that automatically, see lines 1290-1305 in class.tx_realurl.php

Thanks for the followup Dimitry! Didn't mean to sound like I was
bringing up a new or unfixed issue with the documentation...I was just
slow in finding it :)

I took a look at the code you pointed to, but I don't think its quite
what I'm looking for. My understanding of RealURL isn't too deep though,
so I may be totally off base.

The code between lines 1290 and 1305 in class.tx_realurl.php is part of
the decodeSpURL_decodeCache() function so it appears that this only
comes into play when looking up a URL that is already cached. The issue
  I'm having is when accessing a page before its URL has been cached at
all. I guess I was expecting to see similar code in
tx_realurl_advanced->pagePathtoID() or
tx_realurl->decodeSpURL_idFromPath() ... anywhere that is part of the
initial decoding from an uncached pagepath to an ID.  Instead, it looks
like the pagepath decoding relies on the rootpage_id.

Is there any domain lookup when pagepaths have not been cached, and if
not, is it something worth adding in the future?

Thanks again for your help :)
Jeff