[TYPO3-dev] captcha

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Thu Dec 14 21:40:39 CET 2006

"Dmitry Dulepov" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1166099298.22981.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> just to come back to my first question - do you think it should be part
>> of core ?
>
> Yes!
>
>> Or, if not, is it possible to replace the ext captcha from Kasper with
>> the one from Bernhard ?
>
> Yes! Bernhard should tale ownership of Captcha from Kasper and replace
> Kasper's version with his own.

fine - i let Bernhard now he should talk to kasper about this.

>> btw - i shoul mention that the "imagerotate" may cause problems aon some
>> servers, here is ttf-use a solution, otherwise it should be tested, if
>> imagerotate is available.
>
> TTF text functions ignore "x" position on some PHP versions, so
> imagerotate is better.

i had a problem on php 4.4.4 where imagerotate was not found. The
Dokumentation says it is supportet when GD supports this. In my case the
hoster took a GD without supporting this function.

The bad thing is that you don't see any errormessage until calling
captch-script direct. So there should be a possibility like
if(function_exists(imagerotate)) ...
just to make it work on each server. It's only a little bugfix.

vg  Steffen