[TYPO3-dev] captcha

Zorik zorik2005 at zorik.net
Thu Dec 14 16:22:00 CET 2006

> Zorik wrote:
>> It is a misconception to think that spammers are "evil". They aren't.
>> They simply do their business.
>
> Well, those who sell drugs or demolish WTC also do their business. So,
> it is a misconception to think that they are evil?

correct. but that's philosophy. The root of the problem is sponsorship. The
evil is sponsor's intentions, more specifically - acceptable methods of
action.
Higher level - is demand. Demand runs sponsorship.
People living in US never thought that if they run bicycle, instead of a
car, they could stop palestinian-israeli conflict, huh?
But, again, that's personal views and please do not address them.

The point I am trying to do - to fire a gun human being is needed.
You can't blame technology of a crime.

>> Spam is illegal. A fact.
>
> Wrong! In US it is legal. Read "CAN-SPAM" act!

I know the act. Acceptable to me (read on to see why).

>> If there would be a way of sending targeted message legally - I do not
>> think spam would exist.
>
> "Legal" is not the same as "acceptable". Spam is legal but not
> acceptable (at least to me). I never asked for any of these messages and
> I treat them as limitation of my freedom to read only relevant messages.

If you do not wish to receive emails - don't open a mailbox.
If you do not wish to receive mails from unknown senders - dont - there's
bunch of tools for this.
If you wish to receive mail from sources which clearly provide their
identity - there are tools to do this (message routing path, domain check,
server and sender match - many).
("to some extent" - because email protocol, concept, implementation are very
old and inappropriate today - not "spam" problem - many others).

But if you do agree to accept messages from any source from world wide web
from any country, person, automated or human, etc. - HANDLE THE OUTCOME!
Nothing to complain about.

--
Zorik