[TYPO3-dev] sendTheMail() function return value

Søren Schaffstein soeren.schaffstein at media-lights.de
Thu Dec 14 15:54:49 CET 2006

Hi folks,

I was just working on a class that sends some emails and found out that
the sendTheMail() function in class.t3lib_htmlmail.php does not return
the value of the original PHP mail() function. Is there a specific
reason for this? In my eyes it is really helpful to know whether mail()
accepted the mail or not.

Especially when mail() returns false I can show an error message to the
user. (I know, that a returned true is no delivery guarantee)

So are there any objections to add this to the sendTheMail() function?
I'd do it if there is no good reason against it.

All the best
Søren