[TYPO3-dev] Howto Debug my extensions

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Dec 10 22:13:21 CET 2006

Helmut Hummel schrieb:
> Hello,
> can anyone of you point out a dokument where I can read what
> possibilities there are in TYPO3 to debug an extension (db-queries,
> debug output, etc.)? I heard about syslog and devlog but I'm not sure
> how to use them.

As for the API have a look at t3lib_div. There is the code for both
functions. To use devLog install one of the two devlog extensions (see
TER). syslog is meant to be for logging events during run time, ie here
you should log failures that the sysadmin should know of (when there is
no error message in the UI possible).

For FE rendering you can also you the TSlog (see tslib_fe and
tslib_content; push/pop). You can use it to get output into the admin panel.

If you want to see your broken SQL statements you can simply turn on the
debugging of t3lib_db (see there).

Masi