[TYPO3-dev] How to set BE_MOD variables with Typoscript?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Sat Dec 9 08:51:20 CET 2006

Zorik kirjoitti:
>> Good point, but what page ($PageTSconfig) do you refer too?
>
> Modules in "web" have pages list available. So that to work a module will
> always have "$this->pObj->id" set to active page.
> Resulting TSconfig should inherit settings from the whole rootline (maybe
> you will have to specify rootline as second parameter in
> t3lib_BEfunc::getPagesTSconfig).

agreed - setting other value than current page, would change the generic
behavior of page ts config - which is really bad. people would be very
confused, if some plugin doesn't follow generic logic. They cound't
reset the TS Config properly.

BTW. I have newer understand why there is id for TS Config for user/
user groups. It is not any sense to know id for user/user group related
module configuration or is there? If the parameter is invalid, the
config works. I debugged the used value

  t3lib_BEfunc::getModTSconfig($this->pageinfo['uid'],...

$this->pageinfo['uid'] was empty but the config worked.

I put valid id into another XCLASS.
$this->modTSconfig =
t3lib_BEfunc::getModTSconfig($pObj->id,'mod.web_txtemplavoilaM1');
but the valid id is not meaningsful
getModTSconfig(99999,....
would certainly work too even if it is nonsense.