[TYPO3-dev] User/User_int - Same Plugin twice in ext?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Dec 8 12:03:07 CET 2006

Stefan Geith wrote: on 07.12.2006 14:18:

>>> Question 3: Does it make sense ?
>>
>> IMO: yes, definitly! It would be a nice solution for a common problem. I
>> am not 100% about if it is working because we also need to obay some
>> internal parameters (generation of cHash parameter)
>>
>> The "all best way" would be for the class to decide itself at runtime
>> wether it should be _INT or not. I think we had a proposal for a new
>> USER-object some time ago, that didn't make it to the core. ;(
>
> Yes, this would be the best way!
> The plugin itself should know exatly, whether it is cachable or not ...
>
> As I have seen in the core, it is first checked, whether a plugin
> is USER or USER_INT and than it is called to create its output.

If you can decide based on the input $conf (e.g. the "view" parameter),
if your plugin should be cached or not, you can delegate that decision
back to TYPO3, using JoH's TypoScript suggestion with a COA/CASE with
different objects (USER/USER_INT), depending on the view.

> It would be nice to have some kind of USER_EXT (?) that first
> calls the plugin and thgen decides on some return-value if
> this has to be cached.

This doesn't make sense, because if you call your script, you have the
same effect as an USER_INT. So at this point it is already too late to
cache. The main advantage of a cached page with just "USER" objects is
that TYPO3 doesn't need to call ANY code or even load any TYPO3
framework: Just spit out the page from cache.

> Is there a chance to get something like that in 4.1 ?

I guess no time for it anymore.

Cheers,
Ernesto