[TYPO3-dev] Alternative to indexed search...

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Dec 6 18:49:02 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just found Google Co-op. It allows to create fully customized search
> result page on any site. The only disadvantage is that it cannot be used
> on sites that change often.
>
> If anyone wants to make extension for it, check here:
> http://www.google.com/coop/

I don't know about coop,

I made ltg_googlesearch for that purpose. it uses
google's soap API to get search results.

Also this has a downsite, 'just' 1000 search a day
are maximum allowed. Not to many sites reach
that untill they are big.

Upside is you can use google search queries which
sorts results in a good manner.
Also it is simple to install if you need simple search.
And can be styled according to your sites needs.

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer