[TYPO3-dev] documentation for all system extensions

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Thu Aug 24 11:23:38 CEST 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> A worthy goal would be to provide docs for all extensions shipped within
> sysext. Escpecially indexed_search lacks any documentation.

I do not think it should be shipped with typo3. It should be published
on typo3.org but doc folders for extensions should have README that
contains URL to the actual doc.

In general docs are not needed on a running system. I really do not like
when space in production is occupied by things that are never used (like
CVS/SVN/docs/dat files).

Another idea is to prepare a separate tar.gz with docs only. This should
have the same directory structure as typo3 package and come for each
typo3 version.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
ACCIO Ltd, Latvia