[TYPO3-dev] RTEKeep, transformation function TS_links_rte

Matthias Süncksen suencksen at xiah.de
Tue Aug 8 14:05:16 CEST 2006

hello typo3-dev,

there are some ways to get "internal links" (i.e. links to typo3 pages
on the same system) into the tt_content table which are not in the typo3
format <link ..></link>. I don't necessarily want to discuss these ways
how the links get there but the situation that prohibits them from being
converted back to typo3's format even if they could: even otherwise
well-formed anchor links don't get converted since rtekeep=1 is added on
the way to the RTE.

Since RTEKeep="1" is always added on the way from the database to the
RTE ( I looked at class.t3lib_parsehtml_proc.php, function TS_links_rte)
I was thinking about the possibility of turning it off and what the
consequences may be.

In my particular setup which does not use transformation "ts_css" but
only 'ts_links' and 'ts_images' turning off the "RTEKEEP=1" feature in
the source had no visible consequences, but as a positive, upon saving
page content in the RTE any non-converted "internal links" from the
database had a chance of finally getting into the <link>..</link> format ..

My post goes over the the transformation from the database to the RTE.
Maybe is it also possible to have "rtekeep=1" ignored on the way from
the RTE back to the database without turning off the 'ts_links'
transformation or something.

What are your comments?

Regards,
Matthias