[TYPO3-dev] documentation for eID feature

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 17:03:19 CEST 2006

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 09:51:03 -0500, Martin Ficzel <martin.ficzel at gmx.de>
wrote:

> Patrick Gaumond schrieb:
>> Martin Ficzel wrote:
>>
>>> i'm looking for some documentation of the eID feature.
>>    I didn't watch it yet but this Kasper's podcast is about eID:
>>  http://castor.t3o.punkt.de/files/podkast12_v4_techinsight_ajax.m4v
>>  Here's the description of the 64MB quicktime video:
>>  Demonstration of frontend "eID" feature supporting high performance
>> dynamic requests for application data as needed by AJAX implementations
>> in plugins. Kasper shows how a 4.0 feature, the "eID" GET variable, can
>> be used to direct requests in the frontend to thirdparty scripts from
>> extensions with a low initialization overhead. The experimental AJAX
>> extension "whiteboard" is used to teach the principle.
>>  Hope it helps a bit.
>>  Patrick
>
> thats exactly what i already know.
>
> but what do i have to do to get
>
> - fe-user authentication
> - read typoscript configuration
> - use gufbuilder
> - read page properties and page tree infos
> - use the db connection
>
> for all of this i have to initialize parts of the typo3 core. but i
> did'nt find a documentaion
>
> - wich parts are really needed for wich porpose
> - how to initilaize the diffrent parts
>
> for really optimizing the ajax performance with eID it is necessary to
> get a real clue wich parts of typo3 are necesary for what.
>
> regards, Martin
>
> PS: i think that extensions like "secure ajax downloads" and
> "whiteboard" are a good example but only for parts (ajax
> authenticatione). i would prefer a chapter about that in the core doc's.

There is a class somewhere in the core called eidhelper or something. Look
for that. The only two methods it had last time I checked was getting the
db connection and FE user stuff. I think there will be more added to it
later, but for now that's it.
So you can also look at the whiteboard extension and see how it does it,
it probably also has the class name in it somewhere as an include or so.

Christoph