[TYPO3-dev] Changed files in 4.0.1

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Sun Aug 6 11:34:36 CEST 2006

Hello,

Christian Welzel schrieb:
> Michael Stucki wrote:
>
>> Yes Sir! Did you ever use Diff? Search Google to find more about it, but
>> it will tell you very very detailed what has been changed between 4.0 and
>> 4.0.1...
>
> Writers on linux kernel mailing list used to provide a small summery
> of their patches with the small utility diffstat. The output looks like
> this:
[...]

didn't knwo that one, thx.

> Btw, why are there no typo3 4.0.0 archives available on sourceforge?

good question, they really seem to have vanished for some reason. maybe
mstucki can shed some light on this.

> How to generate a diff without an original ?

I would really strongly suggest Extension developers to invest some
hours into getting started with subversion. It is really easy to use and
helps a lot with all this stuff. All it takes is about 2-8 hours at most
to get started with it. (for win-users: look for tortoiseSVN or just use
the build in support for webDav in explorer[TM])

FYI here's what a quick run of diffstat produces:

http://www.niekom.de/pub/diffstat-4.0.0-4.0.1

(I failed to upload a plain text file to wiki.typo3.org)

Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag