[TYPO3-dev] Question concerningcCustom treeview

Andreas Bulling spam at phoenix.hadiko.de
Fri Aug 4 23:46:20 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

I would like to add a custom treeview to my extension (Modern Linklist) as it has
been done for example in the tt_news extension.

I took the file class.tx_ttnews_treeview.php and modified it to the needs of my
extension but there are still two problems left.
I'd really appreciate your help with this - thanks in advance!

1) How can I make sure that the "Selected" list can contain at most a single element
(a category in this case)? I've set "maxitems" and "size" to 1 in tca.php but it's still
possible to select more than one category for a link.

2) The second problem is that the label for a preselected category isn't shown
in the "Selected" list. I found that the "parameter array for the current field" (first
parameter $PA of my custom userFunc) misses the category label in the "itemFormElValue" field:
Only the id of the category is contained here.
How can I find out why the array isn't initialized correctly and where is this done?

Kind regards,
  Andreas