[TYPO3-dev] Protection of a bug WAS: ext_typoscript_setup.txt

Wed Aug 2 10:03:55 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

> Elmars bug report http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3930 would handle
> that in a "global way", but as I already commented, I would support a
> better design pattern in 5.0 for this interaction between FE-plugins and
> content renderers.

Hi Ernest,

do I understand you clearly?

On the one hand you recommend that the function addPItoST43() as the only
valid API to rendering setups?

On the other hand you recommend not to fix deficient behaviour to do
exactly this, to give access for different rendering setups? You recomment
this until 5.x when this function will fall away anyway.

Taking this 2 recommendations of yours together you recomment, that no
other rendering setups than css_styled_content (and content default) are
allowed to be used in practice.

What is the concept behind this? To me your recommendations look
inconsistent and against the spirit of TYPO3.

Don't you think that this recommendation of a core developer, never to make
this function work as an API for different rendering setups, is a clear
signal to extension developers, that this function is to be regarded as
absolutely obsolete? Not only because of the name but also because of it's
blocking nature.

Regards

Elmar