[Typo3-dev] TypoScript 2: a bit of a RFC

Wed Nov 30 18:09:04 CET 2005

Hi Sven,

I fear you start the discussion XML vs. TS again. I share Dan's position
that this is unnecessary.

We have a to do with a tree, that contains configurations. XML and TS
are only two different views on the same tree and you can imagine other
views (TS 3, TS 4, YAML ?, ....) . Everybody could use the the language
he likes. So the discussion where to use XML and where to use TS is
obsolete.

Which languge this tree should be stored in, is a question of best
performance now, not a question of the language to edit it. I propose to
store it as serialized objects. I think of a kind of "Object TS" from
Dan. That is IMHO the shortest way to generate HTML output from it.

As for TCA, PageTS, UserTS etc. I hate to search for it in different
corners of the system. I would like to centralize them, that means in
the same configuration tree.

For non TS users it would be nice to have a simplified surface for the
most important configurations. A surface that hides the configuration
tree from them. Maybe something like the Constant Editor in the TS manager.

Best regards

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...