[Typo3-dev] TypoScript 2: a bit of a RFC

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Wed Nov 30 16:37:11 CET 2005

On 11/30/05, Martin Kutschker <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> wrote:
> Dimitri Tarassenko schrieb:
> >
> > As an alternative:
> >
> > page.10(HTML) {
> >     value = "HTML"
> > }
>
> It's interesting that nobody objects the really ugly fact that 10 is an
> array index.
>
> So it should become something like that
>
> page.body.10 ...

page[10](HTML) {

?

> Though this isn't really helping in terms of compatibility.

I don't think backwards compatibility is possible, if that's what you mean.

>  > The other thing that bugs me a lot is string value syntax in TS.
>  > For example, you can't define a string value that ends or begins
>  > with a space. In wrap values, you can't use pipe characters. I
>  > vote for quote-terminated strings with \-escaping as in C/PHP.
>
> For simplicity I vote for something like Perl regexps.

Perl regexps as a sample of simplicity... hmmmm.... ;)))))

> If the first and last character are the same then treat them as quotes.
> If not, it works as before (that is everythings is used after a trim).
> Perhaps not every char should be allowed for quoting but only a few:
> " ' #

There is one problem with that - this only allows one-lined string
values, while quotes are not dependant on line breaks. for example,

10.value = # this is going to be a
multi line
value #

will assign "# this is going to be a" since # != a.

--
Dimitri Tarassenko