[Typo3-dev] Validating TypoScript - Schema vs. DTD

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Nov 30 10:19:41 CET 2005

Elmar Hinz schrieb:

> Dmitry made a similar proposal. But if a build an abstract converter it
> doesn't know wich TS-properties should be converted to a xml element and
> wich should be converted to i.e. attributes.

This is why I would do it the other way round (more or like Dan suggested):

Review current TS syntax and modify if necessary to have a clean base.
Create an extendable XML schema for this TS.
Re-implement TS with PHP objetcs.

To make things clean eg TEXT will have to go because of it's
inconsistent use of the stdWrap properties. But perhaps stdWrap itself
must go :-)

But too me this is the future, 5.0 or beyond.

Masi