[Typo3-dev] Validating TypoScript - Schema vs. DTD

Wed Nov 30 09:41:40 CET 2005

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] wrote:
> just to straigthen things up:
> Your intention is to keep the TS syntax as it is, then transform it into
> XML (in the validator) and validate against a schema or DTD, right?

Hi Mathias,

Right. One can use existing tools this way, if it works.

TS -> php array -> XML <-* validated by DTD or Schema

No need to write a special TS validator, wich seem quite unrealistic.

But see posting of Dan. His approach goes in the same way. He is a steps
beyond me in his concept, but doesn't focus on validation.

If I understand his concept his approach is this:

TS <-> TSobjects <-> XML <-* validated by DTD or Schema

But having objects, error checking concepts could be implemented
directly, probably already on an abstract level of the object tree.
Validation isn't so important then.

Regards

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...