[Typo3-dev] Validating TypoScript - Schema vs. DTD

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Nov 30 09:10:58 CET 2005

Peter Russ schrieb:

> The point I see is that developing the schemata is a vaste of time,
> resources and efforts. Is JAVA that popular because it can be validated?
> Or are there more "coders" for BASIC in the world ;-)
>
> Debugging TS is not that complicate. It just takes some time of
> experience. And depends on how the code is developed ;-)

I agree that validating alone is no virtue. What I think would help
developers is an extendable, formal description that let's a TS
processor in debug mode tell you where the errors are.

This formal description must know all object and properties. If this can
be done by creating an XML schema, doing an on-the-fly conversion from
TS to xml than fine. If it can be done in some other way, also fine. In
fact the conversion from TS to xml seems to me a waste of resources.
having a schema should be enough.

Masi