[Typo3-dev] Validating TypoScript - Schema vs. DTD

Tue Nov 29 22:23:51 CET 2005

> The same way that you know that "value" should be a subelement and not
> an attribute of "if" in your example;))) Anyhow, an interesting
> exercise but not something that's feasible in any way. Don't waste
> your time on it;)

Maybe your are to quick with this estimation. Probably you are right.

But see:

1.) The only aim of TS is to be converted to a PHP-array.
2.) You can convert every PHP-array to XML.
3.) You can try to validate every XML with DTD or schema.

So the framework is already given. The question is, if a schema can be
flexible enough to validate the structures defined in TS. I showed that
DTD isn't. It is to limited in it's possibilities.

Probably it's the same for schema. But that is a question, that I can't
answer with my current knowladge. So I ask for advice.

I should probably test what kind of XML can in fact be produced via
array, first.

Regards

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...