[Typo3-dev] Validating TypoScript - Schema vs. DTD

Tue Nov 29 21:21:24 CET 2005

Hi Peter,

> Anything you want to know to make things clear about XML and Schema can
> be found at www.w3c.org.

Quite right. But I don't want to learn Schema first only to find a
yes/no answer, if that would be a way to validate TS. It is easier for
those to give, that already have the knowladge. If the answer is yes, it
could be interesting to learn it for me.

> The point I see is that developing the schemata is a vaste of time,
> resources and efforts. Is JAVA that popular because it can be validated?
> Or are there more "coders" for BASIC in the world ;-)

I don't know the position of BASIC today. Times of C64 have passed since
  long. But I guess that more then 50% of studendts of informatics use JAVA.

> Debugging TS is not that complicate. It just takes some time of
> experience. And depends on how the code is developed ;-)

Debugging in the darkness. After 3 year of TS you certainly know most of
the pittfalls. For the beginner it is still tirering and painfull. Hmm,
a steep learning curve protects those who already know, from the
following neebies. Well, no reason for us to change the situation?

> On the oneside hand I see the possible benefit to "validate" the TS code
> on the otherside I see limitation. Defining a schemata would requirer to

A limitation to validate or a limitation by validation?

> develop TYPO X from the scratch. How will sponsor it without no real
> output?

With development from scratch there would be no reason to detour over
XML. You would rather direcly use YAML or something similar instead of
TS. As quick to write as TS but stricter, something that you can easaly
calculate, check, validate, etc.

 > Regs. Peter.

Rex Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...