[Typo3-dev] Extension Downloads and Version Control

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Mon Nov 28 23:10:29 CET 2005

Jeff Segars wrote:

>  On upgrade, the extension manager deletes the entire extension folder
> and replaces it with a new folder, deleting all the Subversion files and
> folders in the process.  I can manually overwrite existing extension
> file by file to avoid this, but I'm hoping to find a solution that's a
> little less manual.

Hi Jeff,

I have asked this some time ago here, and Kasper's answer was like:
"update = delete+install, so why bother writing some potentially more
complex code to do the same thing."

This is a reasonable statement considering Kasper had already written
some really complex code and did not wish to add to the list ;)

However, I think this deserves some effort, and I'd join you fixing
this. I'm not sure how far the EM matching TER2 is changing anyway, but
that would be an opportunity to send in some patch for the upgrade
function ;)

Greetings,
Michael