[Typo3-dev] Naming errors in EXT

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Thu Nov 24 13:20:21 CET 2005

Jean-David Gadina wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> An extension can easily contains naming errors if it includes some third party software, which of course, don't respect the Typo3 naming conventions for classes.
>
> But except this case, I think it should'nt be any naming error...

I some cases it is reasonable just ignore naming errors.
Naming errors concerns also field names and some other features.
In some cases field names works better if the relate with the naming
conventions the *original* tables of Typo and not the extension.

For example I added in 'tm_contentaccess' to the table 'tt_content' a
new field, which has the same name as in the table 'pages' because the
*task* is the same.

Because naming errors don't have any functionality problems,
they can safely ignore.