[Typo3-dev] Non-GPL licence on a GPL extension

Matteo Anceschi manceschi at arscolor.com
Wed Nov 23 16:46:00 CET 2005

Hi Martin and all,

Il 23/11/05 15.58, Martin Kutschker ha scritto:
> You can only buy TYPO3 support. The only person who could sell a
> non-GPL'ed version is Kasper. But now there is so much code inside that
> is not by him, he would have to ask every single developer for their
> permission. So there can be no non-GPLed stuff in TYPO3.
>
> But remember, there is no obligation to publish code of custom
> extensions (eg to TER). The only obligation of the GPL is to deliver the
> code to the customer.
>
> Masi

Sincerely I'm not en expert about licensing, but I remember very clearly
at least two other loooong thread on this list about this subject...
So what about putting something on typo3.org?
Perhaps it could be only a few-step thing:
- someone ask to kasper his idea about this (eg. Kasper could say
something like "I want all GPL" or "ok for GPL but also these other
licenses"
- we (or someone, i don'y know) could write 5 rows about it. Send them
to Kasper for approval.
- if approved, someone publish this on http://typo3.org/development/

A too-naive approach?

Cheers,