[Typo3-dev] indexed_search - Performance Issue Questions

Michael Schaller mic at micweb.de
Wed Nov 23 12:16:40 CET 2005

Jens Liesegang schrieb:
> On 14.11.2005 14:34 Uhr, in article
> mailman.1.1131975296.12081.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de, "Dmitry Dulepov"
> <typo3 at fm-world.ru> wrote:
>

>>Hi!
>>
>>Georg Kuehnberger wrote:
>>
>>>Questions:
>>>============
>>>- indexed_search - Tuning:
>>>    Does/Did anybody experience similar performance-issues with
>>>indexed_search in general; not within the indexing-process though the
>>>search and especially the above mentioned function & how did you solve
>>>them?
>>
> We had performance issues as well. After investigating the source we change
> the default search type from 1 to 20. After this every search was fast and
> mysql did not produce high server load.

Hello,

as far as i remember search type 20 is the one without indexing (the
full text search). Sounds strange to me you get better performance with
that type. On our site search type 20 (search for a sentence) is a real
mysql killer.
mysql-slow.log shows only queries of the 'sentence search' (search
string between quotes) sometimes about 450 sec. on a dual xeon Webserver.
I'm going to filter the quotes of the search string and disable the
sentence search.

Michael