[Typo3-dev] RFC Forms, validation, etc. in 5.0

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Mon Nov 21 15:23:30 CET 2005

Kasper Skårhøj schrieb:

> Tomorrow we do:
>
> $rowObj = new dataObject(table, uid)
> print $rowObj->getTitle()
>
> The data object can also be used like this:
>
> $rowObj->setField('title', 'My new title value');
>
> or:
>
> $rowObj->getFormElement('title');

I won't go on nitpickngh here, because we're way off from doing the
details, but yes, that's a sound concept. It will leave little stone
from the "TCA-building" remain, so I'm amazed to see changes that are
beyond refactoring.

If the base classes are built cleverly enough, we might even support
non-SQL data objects directly (eg LDAP, etc).

Masi