[Typo3-dev] Problem with 'kickstarter'

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sun Nov 20 09:22:38 CET 2005

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Jan-Hendrik Heuing [DD] wrote:
>

>>>2nd (probably more usable) guess: Check if kickstart is installed as a
>>>local extension. It should not be...
>>
>>Why?
>>I only know that it is relevant related to priorities if the same
>>extension is installed more times local, global or sysext...
>>Any other reason I don't know of?
>

> Exactly. So if he has an old version in typo3conf/ext/, it will take
> precedence over the global version.

But could you have an idea, why the global kickstarter (typo3 3.8.0 and
3.8.1) cause in most of my installations a syntax error to
the temporary temp_CACHED_*_ext_localconf.php  file.

I just can't use the new version because of the syntax error (or I
should every time I install a new extension manually fix the
temp_CACHED_*_ext_localconf.php file).

That's why I have used the old version as local installation.
The most strange issue is that the new version works in *one*
installation but just in one.

Tapio.