[Typo3-dev] I don't want to fork!

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Sat Nov 19 22:47:56 CET 2005

Hello everyone,
I've got some development work at my web site related to
     FE user accounts
     FE user registration
     FE digital asset management (DAM) submission
     FE DAM viewing, sorting, and searching
     Typo3 newsletters
     Single-signon

I'm looking for a contractor to help me with these projects, but, I'm
very concerned about creating a fork of existing extensions by
working in a vacuum. I also see several of these development areas as
core (frequently needed) features for a web site and want to give
back to the Typo3 community by sharing the output of my sites
development effort.

My question is how can I work with "Typo3" to accomplish these tasks?
I've tried contacting a few of the extensions owners, no response.
I've tried the extension team, no response. I'm grateful for all the
work that has gone in to Typo3 to date and I don't want to just
clutter up the extension repository with more extensions. I would
rather use my resources to improve the state of the existing
extensions so that new users find more of their needs met by the
existing TER. I also don't want to go off and pay for features to be
added that are already planned by other developers. I would rather
pay the original developer.

Any feedback you can give me would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Eric