[Typo3-dev] database relations in TYPO3

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Nov 16 14:30:03 CET 2005

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Christoph Koehler wrote:
>

>>I was wondering why database relations made in the kickstarter are
>>blobs  in the db table and not whatever type field the relation is. I
>>find it  hard to work with blobs instead of just normal integers (I have
>>a few  foreign keys to the fe_user table)
>>

>You cannot put multiple relations in int field. So, blog is for multiple
>relations (though I would prefer text). And I think blog is used in case
>of single relations just to simplify the code (i.e. handle all types of
>relations in one place).
>
>Dmitry.

I sometimes change them from blob to text in phhmyadmin just to read the
content.
There are however typo3 functions to work with these 'virtual' relations.
Can't remember them....
I think it's planned for typo3 version 5 to start with real database
relations?
Kicksters does have some functionality for that already called MM
relation tables.

Ries