[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 3.8.1 released

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 20:55:00 CET 2005

On 15/11/05, Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> wrote:
> Hi Ingo,
>
> >> One of the reasons the package contains the whole source is that us Linux
> >> users can just untar the package and relink our typo3_src link to the new
> >> source dir. If we're not satisfied we can easily switch back to the
> >> previous version just by changing one link.
> >
> > yes, that's true. But if you have to use the windows package because you
> > don't have ssh access to the server or the hoster doesn't allow symlinks
> > you're pretty much f***ed up when uploading the source with an 128kbit
> > upstream dsl line...
>
> This is how I would do it then:
>
> <?php
>
> $url = 'http://sourceforge.net/download_file.zip';
> exec('wget -c '.$url);
>
> etc.
>
> ?>

...or, if your host has wget disabled:

$url = 'path/to/file/';
$file_name = 'typo3_src-3.8.1.tar.gz';

// Same as running 'curl -o {file_name} {remote_file_location}' from shell:
exec('curl -o ' . $file_name . ' ' . $url . $file_name);

...though I find that hosts who disable ssh often disable exec() too...

-Chris