[Typo3-dev] future of fe_adminLib.inc?

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Tue Nov 15 16:34:05 CET 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Elmar Hinz schrieb:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> everthing is organized in own extensions in modern TYPO3.
>>
>> Only few scripts keep staying in media/scripts/. What is the future of
>> them, especially of fe_adminLib.inc?
>

> AFAIR Rover Lemke planned to create the mother-of-all-FE-libs reusing
> the best parts of all current FE-libs.
>
> If you don't want to use extensions than fe_adminLib.inc is still the
> only choice.
>
> Masi

So my expections that alterations may be in progress are not completly
wrong. I want to set up a FE-user selfregistration that is future-proof
for a while. Like feuser_admin it should be easy to extend by new
fields. But feuser_admin is based on fe_adminLib.inc.

Can anybody give good advice in this?

Thanks

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...