[Typo3-dev] local typo3 installation db stuff messed up

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue Nov 15 12:54:25 CET 2005

Hello Dmitry,

> Hi!
>
> Erik Svendsen wrote:
>
>> Another problem with MySQL 5. It looks like it using InnoDB as
>> standard engine if you don't setting it to MyISAM. Maybe I'm wrong,
>> but I got that problem. Easy to solve.
>>
> InnoDB is the default MySQL engine since MySQL 4.0. I actually would
> like MySQL 5.0 support in Typo3. 5.0 offers views, cursors, stored
> procedures, etc. This can greatly speed up things in extensions
> developed for specific customers (and may be core in general).
>
> Dmitry.

You are correct. I think my problem was different install routines for 4.x.x
and 5.x.

Else I agree completly. One thing you not mention, you get the ability to
integrate more advanced functionality into websites without doing everything
in PHP and/or Java.

Because it looks like TYPO3 is running relativly smooth on my testing server
with MySQL i don't think this is very complicated. Maybe the integration
of views, stored procedures and cursor will demand some larger rewriting.
But it should be a goal for the 4.5 version to get it work smooth with MySQL
5, and their new functionality.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no