[Typo3-dev] local typo3 installation db stuff messed up

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue Nov 15 12:26:27 CET 2005

Hello Christoph,

> In the install tool, the database section where I can compare and
> import
> ,
> doesn't work right for some reason, and it's the same for
> (re-)installin g
>
> an extension and doing the db updates.
>
> It tells me all these tables need to be altered, and when I click to
> do
>
> it, and reload the page (or instantly in the install tool db section)
> it
>
> tells me the same thing again.
> Does anyone know what's wrong? Fresh install of the dummy package,
> Windo
> ws
> XP with xampp:
>
> + Apache 2.0.55
> + MySQL 5.0.15
> + PHP 5.0.5
> Hm, I just realized it's MySQL 5, maybe that is the reason? Any ideas?

It's MySQL 5. A lot of stuff is altered from 4.x.x to 5. For instance it
looks like MySQL 5.x do something with the NOT NULL. It writes it to the
database, you get it in the sql when you do a backup, but it looks like it's
not been read back by TYPO3 (Install Tool, Ext install). What's the problem
I don't know, probably some changes in MySQL, making TYPO3 not reading all
information about a table/field. When the install tool compare database.sql
or/and the sql for each extension you get a mismatch. Either it likes default
'0' in key fields.

Haven't tested with a lot of extensions (only the most common), but the errors
don't do any harm (other than frustration). So there could be other problems.
My testsite works on 3.8.0, PHP 5.1.0 beta, MySQL 5.0.14, Apache 2.0.54 (all
on XP).

I suppose these problem is easy to solve. But I haven't had any time to read
through MySQL changelog/documentation for the answer.

Another problem with MySQL 5. It looks like it using InnoDB as standard engine
if you don't setting it to MyISAM. Maybe I'm wrong, but I got that problem.
Easy to solve.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no