[Typo3-dev] indexed_search and grlist - feature request

Nico de Haen typo3 at ndh-websolutions.de
Fri Nov 11 10:18:11 CET 2005

Hi,

another request about indexed search. (Unfortunately I didn't join the
mailinglist last year, when Kasper asked for the 10 most wanted features).

I implemented a website for a company, which sells information. One can
book various services and each allows access to certain information.
This is implemented with fe_groups. Since the caching and consequently
the indexing is depending on the grlist and since there are many
different combinations of fe_groups it might happen, that a client who
just booked a "new" combination of fe_groups, will find nothing, since
pages with his grlist are not indexed yet. That is ok for the access
restricted content (I solved indexing and displaying of that content
with an extension) but it is a problem for the public content, since
even that content is indexed with the grlist.

So, my question is, would it be possible, to include some TSConfig flag
like "alwaysSearchInPublicPages", to search always in indexed pages with
the grlist "0,-1" i.e. not logged in users? Then all "public" content
will always be included in the search, regardless of the current login
status. The disadvantage might be, that a logged-in user gets a search
result which shows content, that is usually hidden if a user is logged
in, but that would be much more acceptabel than the current solution.

kind regards,

Nico