[Typo3-dev] PHP-170 - anyone from typo3 is working on it?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Thu Nov 10 22:15:18 CET 2005

I have just spend three days at a CM conference where I participated in a ½
day workshop on JSR-170 held by David and Peeter from Day Software. They
are the initiators of the standard. Cool guys.

Well, what I told them about TYPO3 in relation to JSR-170 is that we are
waiting for the PHP-implementation to make sense, but we are interested, at
least on the level of making a DBAL driver for it.

Native support for JSR-170 is only realistic in a future version with
changed architectures. I also still have to understand how the standard
ensures semantic sense of information across systems. Like XML: It's good
if we can all write and parse XML, but the true value is if all follows the
same schema - then information is cross-platform.

- kasper

--
Kasper Skårhøj