[Typo3-dev] RFC / Extension manager / Installation

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Thu Nov 10 20:59:47 CET 2005

 Hi!

 On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Dmitry Dulepov wrote the following:
> I made a couple of extensions that would greatly benefit from this
> feature. Now I have to make BE modules for initial configuration and ask
> users to go there and configure. They all ask why I cannot do it when
> extension is installed...

 I think it's not riskier than pushing a button in your mentioned
 backend module or even using a simple plugin.
 Every system administrator should take a look at the
 source if he's not sure what the extension does.

 OK, so who's responsible for the extension manager?
 I can't remember if there are plans for a new version(?)
 I'll post it as a feature request in the bugtracker
 and implement this functionality asap.

 bye
 Wolfgang