[Typo3-dev] Typo3 API seems very interrelated exactly with pages tree. This is wrong.

Michiel Roos typo3 at monosock.org
Thu Nov 10 09:27:25 CET 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:44:09 +0300, Konstantin wrote:
> Is it hard to use third parametr in the
> destNotInsideSelf ($dest,$id, >>>  $table='pages' <<< ).  ?
> $res = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_SELECTquery('pid, uid', $table,
> 'uid='.intval($dest).$this->deleteClause($table));

Konstantin,

No, it is most certainly not hard. And no, it's not strange if you see
TYPO3 as a large structure that is ever growing and evolving. The
functions may have been created with a specific task in mind and now are
applied more generally. So yes, this could be changed to make life easier
for a lot of extension developers.

Good point.

Please enter this as the appropriate type of bug @ bugs.typo3.org. Provide
a clean definition of the problem you are having and your motivation that
would warrant a code change.

Call it something like: 'make tree structure manipulation functions more
generic'

It seems pretty reasonable to me. If you provide a proper report, I am
sure the issue will be addressed.

Please flip your 'solution oriented' switch in your head.

Cheers,

Michiel Roos