[Typo3-dev] bk_realurl : database improvement for RealURL

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Wed Nov 9 14:54:30 CET 2005

Hello guys,

> Wouldn't it be a good idea to contact realurl's developer and ask them
> to merge this extention into realurl's extention?
> with +5000 extentions.... well you get the points.....
> Also, when it's in realurl's extention then it's more trusted and
> added automaticly for everybody.

Yes, please do contact Kasper Skårhøj, and ask him to incorporate the
optimizations in the original version.

The limitation in a 255 characters in alias'es. Is that a problem for
anyone? Has anyone alias'es longer than that? We should be aware of
backwards compatibilty.
When adding the keys, would MySQL not throw an error, if the fields involved
in the keys has data longer than the allowed length?

Regards,

Lars