[Typo3-dev] Workspace Beta 1

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Tue Nov 8 00:54:34 CET 2005

Hi List,

I'm very happy to announce the first beta version of workspaces for the
public! I have prepared a special TGZ-file from my CVS sources (from 8/11)
for download at [1]. I have also prepared a 20-something pages PDF file
which will tell you everything you need to know about workspaces at this
time [2].

I want to invite everyone to begin and test workspaces already now! It seems
pretty stable for me so it should be possible to introduce the new core in
existing sites that can be used for test-piloting. From your testing I hope
to discover all important bugs before the final release of 4.0 and as a
treat I hope we will also see new innovative ideas form on this list!

This week I hope you will find time to install workspaces those of you who
wants to test. In the meantime I'm offline for the rest of this week. But
next week it could be fun to get some feedback and see where that might
take us.

TemplaVoila in CVS or at [3] is optimized already to use workspaces, but
make sure to get that version.

Extension authors: There might be some adaption to do for workspaces if you
want your extensions to be workspace-aware. Workspaces are implemented so
they basically don't break old extensions, but if you want your extensions
to work smoothly there are some things to do. This is written in the PDF.
You can begin to test and prepare your extensions now.

[1] http://130.228.0.33/t3dl/src/typo3_src-3.9.0-dev_ws_beta1.tgz
[2] http://130.228.0.33/t3dl/src/workspaces_beta_release.pdf
[3] http://130.228.0.33/t3dl/src/T3X_templavoila-0_4_0-z-200511080049.t3x

--