[Typo3-dev] Flexforms: managing changes in configuration and more

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Mon Nov 7 19:26:54 CET 2005

    Hi all,

    I'm learning how to use flexforms in a plugin I'm developing and I
have some questions:

1) I realize that the flexform configuration information of defined for
each instance of a plugin is stored in the tt_content.pi_flexform as XML
text. Say that I change the file flexform_ds_pi1.xml from one version of
my plugin to the next, that will probably break all existing instances
of my plugin. Will I have to reconfigure each plugin instance on my
website? Is there a way to manage that process to make the transition
easier?

2) I also realize that the plugin configuration record (pi_flexform)
tend to keep values of old tags that once existed in
flexform_ds_pi1.xml. Should that residual config data be cleaned up? Is
there a way to do that?

3) Is there a more comprehensive description of the XML format used in
the flexforms configuration (flexform_ds_pi1.xml)? All I found so far is
the Extension Development using Flexforms
(http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Extension_Development%2C_using_Flexforms)

  Any help is appreciated.
  Cheers,

Ricardo

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: Internet rápida e grátis.
Instale o discador agora!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/