[Typo3-dev] Call for tests of evalAPI

Thomas Hempel thomas at work.de
Sun Nov 6 15:35:50 CET 2005

Hello devs,

I just uploaded a patch that implements an API for the evaluation of
fields in the backend. I also moved the standard evaluatin methods
(trim, int, required etc.) into a separate sysext called "evaluations".

The API can be used to implement self defined methods for evaluatiing
fields in the backend. For example if you want to check the fieldvalue
for a ZIP code, or a special phone prefix or whatever.
You can define both sides of evaluatiing. The PHP side which is
performed before the value is stored into the database and the
JavaScript part which is executed when the field loses the focus.

There is an example extension available that shows the concrete
implementation of own evaluation types.

Because this patch is a quite big change of the field handling inside
the system, I would like to ask you if you can test the patch if
everything works correct and if there are any side effects I did not
recognized yet.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please post them here or in
the bugtracker.

The bugreport, patches and extensions can be found at

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1639

I want to say thank you to Sebastian who helped me a lot to make the
patches core and pcg compatible. ;-)

Best regards,
Thomas