[Typo3-dev] tcemain hook incomingFieldArray by reference?

Martinov Evgeniy genuisereal at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 4 16:11:03 CET 2005

Hello to everybody!

I have defined 'User' type field in TCA 'user_field'.
In the form I have created additional fake fields 'field1' and 'field2'.

My task now is to process fake fields from incomingFieldArray and to combine
my 'user_filed'  to return it further to the process_datamap. But it turned
out that $incomingFieldArray is passed by value not by reference, that is
very sad cause now the only way for me to update my field is to do it
directly through TYPO3_DB that is not very good solution on my opinion. I
thought that it would be very usefull to have this possibility to make
necessary changes to the $incomingFieldArray before general processing, am I
wrong?

is this feature or I misunderstand the concept of this hook?

thank you for your opinion,
Evgeniy