[Typo3-dev] Advanced DB search - please check

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Nov 4 11:27:56 CET 2005

Hi Devs!

Since it has been requested by many people on the lists and via PM to have
better searching tools in the BE I made a modified version of the
"fullsearch" that is originally used in mod/dbint.

Major difference: It will work as a module in the Web section and can be
used by ordinary BE users too. - Therefor I implemented some functions to
have the module check the DB mounts and permissions to restrict the possible
search results.

Since I might have been missing something while doing this, I would like
some of you to check the extension for possible security risks.

Future versions will have additional formfields that will be used i.e. for
DB relations where you don't search for the uid anymore but for the label
which will be presented in a selectbox.

If you have other ideas how to improve the functionality let me know.

You can find it here:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/new/joh_advbesearch/

Thanx

Joey