[Typo3-dev] Show name of database at login

David Bruehlmeier typo3 at bruehlmeier.com
Thu Nov 3 18:34:52 CET 2005

Hi,

On my development machine, I am working with different TYPO3-databases,
but on the same installation. I'm not sure if this is uncommon, but I
find it handy because it permits me to have 'development' and a 'test'
database, using the same codebase.

Doing so, I sometimes run into the problem that I do not know which
database I am currently connecting to when loggin into TYPO3. To solve
this, I propose a new parameter:
TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['showDatabaseAtLogin']. This parameter is by
default set to 0, so nothing changes. If set to 1 however, the name of
the database is displayed on the login screen, just above the username.

I have implemented this feature and included a diff of both changed
files (based on the most current CVS version) in the bugtracker
(http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1773). If I get support from the
community, I kindly ask the core-dev's to include this patch into the
next version of TYPO3.

Looking forward to your feedback!

- Dave (dbruehlmeier)