[Typo3-dev] Backend Flexform Selectbox

Ronald Renfro rrenfro at ilovehtml.net
Wed Nov 2 22:13:25 CET 2005

hi,

I am working on an extension that uses flexform in the backend for
configuration.
The plugin has a selectbox for displaying a category of records
simular to that of the tt_news category tree.

I have this as the flexform field definition:

---
<statusSelection>
<TCEforms>
	<label>LLL:EXT:whoami_members/
locallang.php:config.pi_flexform.s_default.status_selection</label>
	<config>
		<type>select</type>

		<foreign_table>tx_whoamimembers_status</foreign_table>
		<foreign_table_where>AND
tx_whoamimembers_status.pid=###STORAGE_PID### ORDER BY
tx_whoamimembers_status.title</foreign_table_where>
		<size>5</size>
		<autoSizeMax>10</autoSizeMax>
		<minitems>0</minitems>
		<maxitems>20</maxitems>
		<allowNonIdValues>1</allowNonIdValues>
	</config>
</TCEforms>
</statusSelection>

more fields...
---

the foreign_table_where configuration for the selectbox will only
work if I hard code the value of the pid like
this:
<foreign_table_where>AND tx_whoamimembers_status.pid=427 ORDER BY
tx_whoamimembers_status.title</foreign_table_where>

When I do this the records for the selectbox are displayed correctly
and the values are stored in the db correctly as well.
I would like to be able to avoid hard coding the pid. Can anyone help
me with this issue.

Thanks
Ronald Renfro