[Typo3-dev] Bug or feature? ext template is not recognized when on the same page as a root template

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:05:08 CET 2005

Hi,

On 01/11/05, Ingo Renner <typo3 at ingo-renner.com> wrote:
> Am Tue, 01 Nov 2005 21:30:08 +0100 schrieb Olivier Dobberkau:
>
> > Ingo Renner wrote:
> >
> >> But doing that the included extension template affects all pages. I only
> >> want it to affect the page where it is in. Now clear?
> >
> > hey ingo.
> >
> > use a condition instead. ext templates is for loosers :-)
>
> yeah I know, but that's not possible in this situation...

What's the situation? It sounds like it should be possible just to
include the relevant TS in the root template and then unset it on the
ext templates on the other pages or branches where you're using
them...

### ROOT Template:

page.10 = COA
page.10 {
}

### EXT Template on subpage:

page.10 >
page.10 = HTML
page.10 {
  value = This is different...
}

Or do I not have enough information to be making suggestions? :-)

-Christopher